Catastrophes and natural disasters in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region amounted to a total economic loss of $80 bn. A substantial protection gap (the difference between total economic losses and what’s covered by insurance) of 86% meant many disaster losses were uninsured, according to Aon’s Weather, Climate and Catastrophe Insight Report.
- APAC Natural Disaster Economic Losses Summary
- APAC Economic and Insured Losses
- The top 10 global economic loss events in 2022
- Natural Disaster Losses in Australia
- Natural Disaster Losses in New Zealand
- Natural Disaster Losses in Asia
- Natural Disaster Losses in China
- Natural Disaster Losses in Japan
- La Niña and El Niño in the Pacific
- Closing the Protection Gap
The extreme weather records broken across the year highlight the continuing need to strengthen resilience by adopting effective adaptation strategies and improving disaster management and warning systems, to better protect the communities in which we live and work across the APAC region.
FULL ORIGINAL PUBLICATION HERE